Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6-15 Delivery: Squash, Cucumbers, and Peaches!

Oh it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  Anticipation for "the box" was high this week, as I've become friends with other members of my CSA through Facebook who receive earlier deliveries than I do.  And of course, they would taunt me with all of the deliciousness they had already received while I was "waiting for Wednesday."  Not really taunting, it was more like torture! :)  Seriously, what a wonderful group of folks I've met with amazing and super creative ideas...we are all "Veg Heads!!!"

Now onto this week's haul.  Take a peek!
I love the variety this week!  Please note that there were originally three peaches, but I ate one immediately upon arrival, fuzz and all - THE JUICIEST peach I've ever eaten.  I also received a half-dozen eggs and 10 (yes 10) pork bratwursts!!!  Notice the cauliflower?  Yes, it really is yellow! 

Well friends, it is late, and honestly, I haven't had a chance to work out the meal plan for the week just yet.  But I can tell you this...tomorrow night's dinner will without a doubt involve brats! 

Tune in tomorrow for the meal plan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a seat...let me know what you think!