Wednesday, June 1, 2011

6-1 Delivery - Spinach and Broccoli and Beets, Oh My!

This week's box was HEAVY!  Take a peek...


So many wonderful options for the week!. Here is what I have planned for the next week of dinners...

Thursday - Hamburgers (utilizing 1 lb of ground beef and spring onions)
Friday - Frittata (utilizing bacon and spring onions)
Saturday - Lunch - Spinach salad with Roasted Beets; Dinner - Roasted Chicken (from previous delivery), Steamed Broccoli
Sunday - Lunch - BLT sandwiches; Dinner - Shredded BBQ Chicken, Pasta Salad utilizing bits and pieces of delivery
Monday - Tacos (utilizing 1 lb. ground beef, shredded lettuce)
Tuesday - Stir Fry (utilizing bits and pieces of delivery)
Wednesday - depends on what we have left!
**Meal plan subject to change based on chef's preference and family's whining level each day :)

We have received Kohlrabi each week so far.  I personally like it, but the hubs is not too fond of it.  I am thinking I will make a batch of soup with the "bulbs" I have left and freeze it for when it ever gets cold again...ha!

Everything I make will consist of what was in this box plus items I already have in the pantry.  This weekend I was able to score 9 boxes of Ronzoni Garden delight pasta for $4 thanks to printable coupons!!!  They were on sale at my Food Lion for $1 per box, and I had 4 coupons for $1 off of two boxes - score!  Trust me when I say over the next month or two, you will see quite a few variations of cold and hot pasta dishes!  I will post recipes with pictures as they happen.  What do you plan to prepare this week?  I would love for you to share your thoughts!  Happy Vegging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a seat...let me know what you think!