Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taking Stock

I can't wait for tomorrow's delivery.  I swear it's like Christmas morning every time I get that box. My girlfriends at work are even in on it...as soon as I walk back to our department, box in tow, they follow me to the kitchen to see what the loot is for the week.  And we all stand around and ooohhh and aaaahhh over it.  And then every Wednesday at 4:30 when I leave, I almost forget to take my treasure box home.  Once I got down the street and realized I had left it.  Oh the horror!!!  So I picked up the phone and asked my friend to bring it out to me - and she was so sweet and obliged me! 

As you have probably learned about me by now, I am most always following a pretty strict food budget.  It ebbs and flows a bit (depending on store sales) but very rarely do we ever go above $75 per week.  (I do have a thing for Mexican food, so if we splurge, that is usually where!)  That $75 includes the $33 I pay each week for the CSA box. 

This week I will be taking stock of everything we have in the fridge, freezer, pantry, and spice cabinet. We are headed out for vacation at the end of the month and I am trying to use up just about everything we have without adding a lot of extras.  Of course, I will be purchasing the essentials between now and then( such as milk and cheese - yes, cheese is absolutely an essential in our house!!!)  I will also be doing some batch cooking of rice and dried beans so that I will have ready-quick meals available in the freezer.  I don't enjoy getting home from work at 6:00 pm and having to wait 45 minutes for brown rice to cook!!  (Oh how I love my vacuum sealer!)

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a seat...let me know what you think!